Monday, May 30, 2011

Celebrating Mrs. Fennig

Kristen, one of my best friends in the world, came to Portland to visit me this past weekend!

Her birthday was a few weeks before she came, and I of course was not able to attend her party in Orange County, so Tom and I threw her a mini-fete in my little studio right when we picked her up from the train station. I debuted my first pennant flag banner:
(which looked much better hung up)


We served champagne with blood oranges, which was just an experiment, but we loved how it turned out - great color too (will definitely use clear glasses next time...these great green glasses, however, were a college graduation gift from the beautiful Morgan White, who just started her own blog. Go check it out for great bargain finds: Modern Girls Deals)!


Tom made one of his famous cakes that I had yet to sample - with dark chocolate cream cheese frosting... I mean come ON... it was amazing!


We had a great weekend, and it was so nice to have a dear friend in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment