Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Aw---Wait - I love you!

I'm the weirdest Portlander you've ever met. I love this rain. Listen, any excuse to wear my rain boots on a daily basis:

I love them! I also have an amazing pair of yellow rainboots, and a rockin' pair of snowboots for when it's extra crazy outside! And while I attempt to convince you that rainboots are awesome, I'll have you know that my footwear is the same as 75% of Portland's 5 year olds.... eh, tomato tomahhhhto.

In other news, even though you thought my apartment had ZERO room for any more stuff - stand corrected - I've added a large piece of wooden furniture - where you'd least expect it!
I'd been feeling like I somehow wanted to separate my bed from the openness of the studio, so as to create the illusion that i actually have a separate bedroom and living room. I don't, but I was dreaming:) I'm SO happy with the finished product:

Originally, I had in mind the idea to find two stained glass windows to hang side by side where the door now is. Tom snagged this awesome chippy french door from a jobsite (it was going to be thrown away - for shame!). I LOVE how it turned out!! Also, from the front door, I like that you can see through the hanging door and it doesn't obstruct the view of my double doors.

And yes - that IS sun you see!!

I also just finished my new table cloth - yep, you guessed it: burlap:) and playing with different pressures of paint - and have had fun adding a bit of life in the form of green plants to my little spot:

I scored on my new wicker chargers from World Market - I love them!

It's pouring down rain outside today, the mountain is supposed to be getting 20" of snow, big thunderstorms are rolling in tonight, and this California girl can't wait to get outside! Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment